Granite countertops add beauty and elegance to any home. Not only will it add beauty and elegance, but it will add value to a home as well. For instance, a home with granite countertops in Clearwater, Florida will have a resale value higher than the same type of home with a different style or lower-grade countertop.
Granite is a very durable, natural stone and can come anywhere from the underlying ground we walk on to the tips of large hills and mountains. Some of the granite sold in the United States is imported from other countries, such as Italy, Brazil, Europe, and India, among others. It is excavated from quarries, usually in blocks that range from 10 to 20 square feet. From there, the stone can be cut to specification.
There are many other benefits to granite countertops other than just looks and durability. The following are just a few of its great features:
- Each piece of granite is unique and cannot be matched to any other. Each piece has its own vein patterns, swirling, specks, and pitting.
- The process of excavating granite as well as cutting and shaping it does not require the use of any chemicals; therefore, it is an environmentally friendly material.
- Granite countertops come in a variety of colors. The color of this natural stone varies according to where it was mined and the chemicals that are in the Earth in the location it is formed. The pattern of the countertops can contain veins, speckling, a mixture of color, and pits.
- Granite does not contain organic material; therefore countertops are very sanitary surfaces because they do not harbor bacteria or microorganisms.
- Granite countertops can be custom cut according to a homeowner’s preference. The stone can easily be cut into squares, angled to 45 or 90 degrees, as well as curves and arches.
- Gouges and scratches are nearly non-existent with granite countertops. Due to its durability, cutting of meats and other foods can be done directly on the countertop.
- There is no need to use hot pads on granite countertops. The countertops are heat resistant and can handle hot pots and pans being set directly on them.
- The surface of granite countertops are cool to the touch. This makes it a great place for preparation of dough and other baking goods.
Those are just a few of the benefits of granite countertops. If the decision of what granite countertop to choose is just too hard to make, a consultant can show you samples of different color choices and cuts. Five Star Stone can give you high quality service while helping to guide you to the best granite countertops in Clearwater, Florida.